Friday, February 13, 2009

My thumb

I went and saw the ortho surgeon yesterday and the good news is I do not have to have surgery, PHEW. However, I didn't fracture it in 3 places, I fractured it a lot more than that. I got to see my x-rays and I have 3 main fractures but multiple fractures that branch off of those. So pretty much my thumb looks like a tree with many branches. I did however, manage to keep the bones aligned. So, I am in a "custom" made pretty purple splint on my thumb. I go back in a week for more xrays and if the bones shift I will get a cast but if they stayed I stay in the splint. The DR said it could take several months for the swelling to go away and I may not get all the feeling back in it. So that's a short recap. Hailey has been a wonderful helper, she has helped switch the laundry, put my hair in a ponytail, and just help with whatever I need. Taylin on the other hand, well she makes me want to take more vicodin!!

3 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Ugh! That stinks!!!! Hopefully it will just miraculously heal sooner than expected!

Jill said...

Good for Hailey on helping you out! I would be scared to let Sydney put my hair on a ponytail...it would not be a pretty sight!
I hope you hand feels better soon, its amazing how quickly youlearn how useful your hand was and how much you need it!!

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry about your thumb. It definitely looks like it hurt. I'm excited to be back online to see your blog! I've got a lot of reading to do..