Sunday, January 11, 2009

What do you think?

I added a map to see where my blog viewers are located. I have had a few random comments from countries that I don't even know how to pronounce. I have thought about making my blog private, but I know that some people won't be able to access it. I also know that there are people who stop by that don't leave comments, etc. While I want to make my blog private I still want to let those people who know us and are too shy to say anything, too still be able to view my blog. Does anybody have any suggestions on this? And for those of you who stop by, please leave a comment so that in case I do go private I can add you to my list and invite you to continue viewing. I just want to keep my family safe and I know there are just weird people out there. So please any feedback, or other visitors comments are welcome.

14 comments:

DaveandAnnie said...

I'm all about going private. I don't care that people can't access it unless I want them to. There's a lot of freaky people out there. Our email is dicksohn@hotmail.com.

Jessica said...

I had the same thoughts when deciding to go private but controlling who has access to information about your family is more important than possibly offending your shy friends. I am all for private....obviously, but be sure to add us.

Becky said...

I stalk,I mean follow your blog. Google reader just makes it such a pain to comment.
Oh, and I think we need a belly update.

thecamps said...

there is crazy people out there and maybe I should do the same..idk though. but you have my email....if not well tooo bad he he he

N. Tipps said...

Wordpress.com has an option for one universal password. I think it's easier than making blogger go private, but I still haven't done it. Maybe you should try that.

Dorri said...

I get here from Jessica's blog. I made mine non-googlable (is that a word?) but it's not private, and so far I haven't had any problems with trolls. And while I do sometimes post pictures of my kids, I don't use any of our really names, which makes hubby happy. Anyways, I love reading your blog and seeing how your family is growing.
Dorri

Anonymous said...

wow, that is scary. Someone said they made their blog non googleable. How do you do that? I really haven't had problems with this, probably will go private when we have kids. Our email is rileybreanne@gmail.com

Dorri said...

if you have a blog through blogger, then it's easy, don't know about other blog sites though. Click on the customize tab at the top of your blog, right next to where you sign in. Then click on settings, there should be an option something like "let search engines see or find your blog" and click on NO, and then it's not googlable. And I believe that even if they were to type in the exact name of your blog it won't come up. Hope that helps.
Dorri

Kristen said...

I have thought about it but if you were private then I would have not found you. I would just inable it so you can't be googled

Kristen said...

I also have mine so I have to view my comments before they are posted

Laura Ross said...

I don't know, I keep wondering too, but I like it when an old friend finds me so that is the main reason why I don't.

eric and girls said...

I have changed a setting that should help take care of the problem. I am with the few of you who keep it public so old friends can find you. I think I will be keeping it public.

Sarah Young said...

I made it so mine wasn't accessable by web searches and I haven't heard from any strangers anymore. Also the flag next to the European country was Germany. I wonder if my brother Steve and his wife looked at your page? They live in Germany.

John and Carolyn Wallace said...

What ever ya do, include me so I can visit your blog.