Thursday, December 18, 2008

Worse dr.appt ever and 2nd post of the day

This is my 2nd post of the day, not that anybody reads but this is kind of my journal so I need to blog about this. I went for my monthly check-up today and it was bad from the minute it started. I got weighed and the scale said I gained 12 pounds since last month. That can't be possible, maybe it was the winter gear I had on. I was feeling pretty good about watching what I have been eating. Then I went and had my blood pressure taken. It was HIGH, VERY HIGH. They took it a little while later and it had gone down a little bit, but still on the high side for me. Then we talked about my problems/concerns and last appt I had mentioned a vein in my leg that the dr was concerned about. So this appt I showed her and got myself a prescription for compression stockings. There is an inside joke in the family, we call these "sexy socks". My dad has been wearing them for about a year due to his blood clots, so that's what we named him. It looks like he will be able to take them off, but I will be wearing them the duration of my pregnancy. Last but not least it was time to take blood to test for pre-eclampsia, etc., to see what's going on. I have never ever had good veins for taking blood. About 3 years I had my tonsils out and had serious complications and spent 8 days in the hospital. Being in the hospital meant getting my blood drawn every few hours. Lets just say they blew most of my veins and I have a very little one left that is good for blood draws. The nurse was laughing cause she was getting frustrated with my veins and 20 minutes later she finally got a vein. I just want to cry. I forgot to mention that instead of going back in a month I get to go back in 2 weeks. Hopefully the blood results show nothing. Until then here is a 25 weeks shot. Please excuse the mirror, yes my bathroom needs to be cleaned. Any volunteers?

5 comments:

Tricia said...

YOU got sexy socks. Now I know what to get you for Christmas. I can get you a color in black. Then you can say you went tanning. Blood pressure high is from having kids and husband home when they should be in school/work.

thecamps said...

I hope your next apt goes by better for you....It is so amazing what our bodies do to us when we get knocked up...lol Your picture is so cute and Yes I volunteer I will come clean for you. But only because I LOVE YOU..Miss you

Becky said...

Im sorry your appointment was no fun! I always gain a ton between 20-26 weeks. Like almost half my weight has been gained in those little six weeks with all my pregnancies.
Good luck with the blood pressure, I hope it was just the stress from the snow!

Laura Ross said...

Sandy, you look great. I think you should play it all up and get off all major and minor house duty.

Unknown said...

Hang in there girl! I HATE it when they keep poking around for veins. I have to have my blood drawn every six months and my veins are hard to find. Then, once they find one, it rolls... so every six months I have battle wounds and bruises. If a nurse ever laughed while doing that to me, she would have to go to the ER for puncture wounds (yes, I am that hostile). We'll be praying for you.