Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes there is just nowhere to hide

I love my children. Hailey always minds her manners in public, well for the most part. Taylin well sometimes you just need to hide and there is nowhere to go. We left the house for a whole 2 hours. 2 hours, you think she could mind her manners heavens no. I went to the hair salon to pick up some hair products and the lady behind the counter was Taylin's first victim of the night. She said, " Um lady you have a lot of freckles." It wasn't just the remark, but the grossed out look that went with it. Has she looked at her mother lately, hello child I am covered with them. Then we decided that I was not going to make dinner and we stopped by a new Olive Garden by our house for soup and salad. So we are eating and the waitress had a mole on her lip. My sweet sweet child said, "um lady, what's that thing on your lip?" She repsonded, "It's a mole." Taylin then without hesitation said, "that's disgusting." Then did a BLAH type noise effect. Once again there was nowhere to hide. Why couldn't she have been sitting by Eric then I could have stared off into space pretending I didn't hear her. Honestly how can something so sweet looking be so mean to stranger?

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Only Taylin, How funny.

thecamps said...

LOL holy hannah I would have died!! maybe you 3rd will be worse or even the best behaved!! good luck sis

j and s said...

How funny! Yes, I would have died, but kids just say funny things. Good luck! By the way, my child number 2 is CRAZY (cute, but Crazy) number 3 is such a sweet thing so far--I really think it's just child number 2.