Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Little Girl is in Kindergarten



This happens to be my 100th post today and Taylin's first day of Kindergarten. I don't understand how you can have 2 children that are completely opposite of each other. Hailey's first day was perfect. She went to bed early, ate breakfast, let me do her hair, etc. Taylin wouldn't go to bed last night, she only ate 3 bites of her waffle (she really hates eating breakfast), and she wanted me to straighten her fro and complained the whole time I was doing it. But, she was finally ready to go and needed to call her people before she left. She called my mom to tell her she was going to school. She then called my dad and she said," Papa, I am going to school now. I promise to be good and I promise not to beat up anyone today." Then she had her back pack on walking down the stairs singing the kindergartner is on her way down the stairs. Then she yells, "Hurry mommy lets go outside and take a picture by the door like you did for Hailey." I think it's going to be a long year. We took her to school and she walked into the classroom like she owned the place, put her stuff on her chair and started coloring. It was another day tear free and in just about an hour and half we get to go pick her up and hear all about her day.


In other news Taylin had her very first soccer practice. Eric is helping with coaching so I didn't go, I am such a bad mother. Eric told Taylin that she needed to be a little bit more aggressive and try and take the ball away from the other players. Her response was, "well Daddy I don't want to hurt anybody." Oh she cracks me up. Hailey has her first practice tonight and I think my girls will finally realize what power they will have cause they are so tall. Let's hope anyways.

7 comments:

thecamps said...

wow what are you going to do with yourself now that you will have 3 hours to yourself....or with eric gee you can't make a baby you've already accomplished that so what ya going to do huh huh huh..Taylin you look so cute and ready for school I hope you had a fantastic day as well love you lots nae nae

Jessica said...

I posted on Hailey so I had to post about Taylin, even more because I can't believe that she is Kindergarten, it seems like just yesterday we had these babies.

I do understand about the whole soccer thing though, I have coached Olivia's teams for the last two years and all the kids are afraid of taking the ball, no one wants to get taken out and we have told them repeatedly to share, to wait their turn and now we are suddenly urging them and cheering them on to take the ball and run.

Jill said...

That's hilarious that in her talk to her Papa she promised not to beat anyone up at school, yet in soccer practice she doesn't want to be too aggressive because she doesn't want to hurt anyone! Oh that makes me laugh! What a girl!

Tricia said...

Taylin I'm so happy that you had a fun first day of school. So which kid do you want to beat up first?

Bonnie said...

I hope you had a good day Taylin! I can't believe she's in kindergarten already. It's gone by so fast. And good job Sandy on getting through 2 first days with no tears.

j and s said...

Your girls are darling. I love that Taylin called her grandparents--too cute. What school are you guys at?

Erica said...

Such cute girls!! Happy late birthday chick!