Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And That's a Wrap

Sadly, today is the last day of summer and the munchkins head back to school tomorrow. We decided to take one last trip down to Lincoln City for some beach fun and back to school shopping. Toby and his family joined us as well, or we joined them who knows. We had a lot of fun pigging out on greasy fatty food, site seeing, visiting the beaches and the 32 degree water was so inviting. There is nothing better than going to the beach in sweats and a sweatshirt. I don't think my children have ever been to the beach in a swimsuit, too cold. We did go to downtown Newport and walked the piers. The group of us walked down the pier to see the huge amount of sea lions plopped on the rocks/docks below. It was so much fun, yeah right. I have a huge fear of the water and walking down the pier and seeing the water below was the start of me panicking. We were looking down at the sea lions and about 5 feet behind us there was nothing to separate you and the water, just something to fall off of. I started breathing really heavy, feeling sweaty and about ran off of the pier. I just couldn't stand there anymore, some were upset we left so soon but I just couldn't do it. Here are some pictures.

Eric and I, tender I know. I also know that my sweats are too hot for words.

He is a dork, but hey at least he smiled.

Eric found a sand crab and everyone had to hold it.

So cute

Eric and his hiked up shorts

A trip to the beach is never complete without a family picture

Hailey was a little upset that Eric took her out a little too far and got her wet. After that anything was ok.

5 comments:

thecamps said...

looks like fun and very cold at the same time!! just think your next visit will be with another addition to the family...glad you enjoyed your weekend and tell eric his shorts are hot!!lol

Bonnie said...

I will say this summer definitely went fast! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't believe both your girls will be in school!

Tricia said...

I'm glad you guys had fun and all is well. Taylin told me how exciting it was to swim in the ocean water. She can't wait until next time. So don't forget her swim suit. Thanks for the reading.

Erica said...

That looks really cold. I am sad that summer is already over. That means like 9 freaking months of freezing. Piece of poop.

John and Carolyn Wallace said...

Looks like a great time. Glad you were able to take a break and have fun. Where are the pics of Abbie, Tabitha, chas, Steve, and Calvin?