We had one of the funnest weekends I think we have ever had. Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's market in downtown Vancouver. I will say that I was pretty disappointed by what they had, or should I say the lack of things they didn't have. We were there for seriously about 20 minutes. We made it through the whole market and everything. There were seriously way too many food and plant vendors and not enough other vendors selling home made stuff. I don't get up early to go there just to see one food vendor after another. I live in a city that is very pet friendly so just about every person down there took their pets with them. I have nothing against dogs, but I think it is rather annoying when you go somewhere like that and you have to watch out for dog leashes. So we bought the girls some kettle popcorn and left to go to the Tulip Festival. I know I sound like a weirdo, but we had beautiful weather and I wanted to be outside and well tulips are just so beautiful.
We headed up the freeway about 30 minutes north to attend the festival. There is approx. 40 acres of every kind of tulip you can think of. They also had some vendors there as well as a gift shop. Where we went was definitely out in the country and well my girls are definitely city girls. We get out of the truck and keep in mind we are not the only people in the parking area. Taylin at the top of her lungs yells, "OOh gross something smells like cow poop." The country folk couldn't help but laugh at her. Then of course Taylin had to go to the bathroom, she insists on going to the bathroom every place we go just to "check out" the bathroom. Half of the time she never goes. So of course they only had out houses there and she had never experienced one of those before. We go inside and she once again yells, "OOH gross what is this?" as she is staring into the toilet. So I had to go pee to prove to her that it was ok. She then built up the courage to go and I told her just don't look down and you will be ok. She also made me hold her the whole time so she wouldn't fall in the hole.
We then proceeded around a tour of all the different tulips they had and went to the gift shop. They also had a miniature pony there and the lady let the girls feed the pony some carrots. She also said she did birthday parties and Hailey told the lady her birthday was coming up, so we got to listen to the lady tell us what she does. The only thing that came to my mind looking at this pony was chaos, kind of like the birthday scene from Mrs. Doubtfire.
We then ventured out to the field where we could walk around, but not pick any tulips. It was so pretty just to look and see fields and fields of tulips. Then we went and bought some of course. I got a big planter that I swear weighs 30 pounds and only cost 9 bucks.
Then we needed to leave to take Hailey to a birthday party. While she was at the party we went over to my brother Toby's house and decided when the party was over we would go to Lacamas Lake and have a BBQ and try to do some fishing. We got there and the BBQ grills were no longer there. So we let some of the kids and the big boys (Toby & Eric) fish. We all had alot of fun and at dusk we decided to go to Toby's and BBQ. It was so fun firing up the grill at 9 o'clock at night.
Saturday was truly a beautiful day and it got me very excited for summer. I can't wait for all our upcoming BBQ's and outdoor parties. I hope everyone had a great weekend just like me.
DIY Custom Dashboard
5 years ago
9 comments:
no i didn't have a good weekend just like you but i wish i was there to have as much fun as you sounds exciting and i am glad you had fun
Fun times. I miss that little quack whip taylin. She is a crowd teaser. So is the pony coming to Hailey's Birthday party? I hope so. She would be the most popular girl on the block this summer.
That sounds like a really fun weekend! I'm jealous! Try the market again later in the season, and there might be more vendors, but then again maybe not. I love your pictures.
Sounds like fun! It's fun to get out and explore everything that's around you. All of Taylin's little -isms crack me up. One thing about having girls is I'm the one who always is on potty break duty. (Justin swear men's public bathrooms are too disgusting, therefore he can't take them. He's probably right, but still!!) So I would have no sense of humor about the 'just checking it out' bit! I'd be like, if you value your life after dragging me in here, you better pee! :)
Did you notice that there was a handicap one next to you? I think that since there was two of you going in I would have chosen the bigger one of the two. Probably less smelly.
The handicap was in use and well we aren't handicapped
What a perfect weekend!! Those tulips were amazing!!
looks more fun than having the flu.
The tulip festival was one of my favorite spring activities I am glad you got to enjoy it. I am pretty sure it was still snowing here that day.
Post a Comment