Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Oregon Zoo

Today I stuck with my promise and we went to the zoo. We left the house on time and everything. We got to the zoo about 10 and it was about 45 degrees according to the thermometer in the car. It was freezing as we were standing in line to get in. But the plus side to standing in line in the freezing cold is we were there early enough to get a good parking spot. Another good thing is it was sunny and not raining. So we went through did our thing, etc. On the way out of the polar bear exhibit there was this little boy running and screaming. I mummbled under my breath how annoying why doesn't his parents calm him down, he is not the only person there. But as I was in the middle of my rude remark I realized that this little boy was parentless and that he was indeed lost. We tried to approach this little boy to ask the questions of where he last saw his mother, but he is a pro at the whole stranger danger and kept running. So we kept following. I was amazed at how many zoo employees we passed on the way and not one of them showed even an ounce of concern. We continued to chase him and managed to corner him into to this little area where he couldn't get out. By this time a zoo employee was with us. He tried to escape but Eric grabbed him by the arm and picked him up and I rubbed his back and told him that we wanted to help him find his mommy. I told him that if he kept running around then his mommy would be very worried and we wouldn't be able to find her. Not long after we were able to control him his mother did show up. I am glad we were in the right place at the right time and I was able to use my Walmart "code adam" skills. Yes I worked at Walmart and code adams were used when children were lost. I am glad there was a happy ending to this and I feel really bad that I muttered such mean things.









4 comments:

Tricia said...

sounds like a fun day at the zoo. Good thing for those 'code adam' skills. What would you have done without them?

John and Carolyn Wallace said...

maybe the missionaries were lost.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you were able to help him. Poor little guy. I'm glad you had a fun day at the zoo! I love the pictures, they're so cute!

Jennifer said...

Are you PMSing this week?