Wednesday, April 9, 2008

No more Nutri System

No more Nutri System for me. After 9 days on my diet I have decided to longer do it here is why. They guarantee weight loss every week you are on their food or your money back. I should have lost about 4 pounds my first week then 2 the next and so on and so on. I have stayed the exact same weight. So I made my sweet personal assistant, Eric, call Nutri System and figure out what is going on. Here is what they said to him. They told me to go and eat more fatty foods. Doesn't make sense since I just bought their food and a pretty penny it was. The reason why they told me is cause my workouts are too intense and too often. So the limited calories I was eating wasn't really doing anything but sticking to the insides. They said the workouts were basically making my body starve cause I would burn what calories I ate by working out. So the calories I did eat would just "hang out" cause my body knew they had to hang on to them cause I was going to have to work out. Make sense? Well, I get it and it's frustrating. So I get to return all of my unopened food for a refund. Basically to be on Nutri System you have to be overweight and work out only 2 or 3 times a week, but a nice calm slow workout. And then pretty much sit on your butt. I am going to go back to weight watchers, but I am taking Eric with me this time so we can both have a better healthier attitude toward food. We are also going to have an assessment at the gym we go to to figure out what exercises would work best for our body and for the results we are looking for. I feel like Nutri System has set me back, but you mark my words I will win the battle of the bulge. I will lose my fat the right healthy way, not the way I lost it last time. Some of you know how that was and this time I will do it healthy and involve the whole family in it.

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Hey Woman! It sounds like you are on the right track. I see all these gimmicks and crap on tv and I just think, how many millions or billions of dollars do Americans waste on diet gimmicks when healthy food choices and exercise are the only thing that really work long term. Good luck on the healthy journey!

P.S. I don't know the websites off the top of my head for blogskins, but they are on my sis-in-law Kristen Birkmeyer's link list. From my blog, click on hers and they should be right there! :)

John and Carolyn Wallace said...

You've come along way "baby". Proud of you and the healthy outlook you have. That's what it is all about. It is a way of life not a quick fix. Good Job! love ya, mom

Jennifer said...

I told you the nutrisystem sucked! but no, you had to go and do it any way! jk. weight watchers iis awesome- you'll love it! you should see if they have jazzersice in your area-its awesome!

Jill said...

Atleast you ARE doing something about it! I just look at my gut and complain! Having 2 kids and the last one weighing 11 lbs at birth does unkind things to my belly! I just have to get the attitude and motivation to do it! So good for you!! (tell me how it goes!)