Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boys vs. Girls

At the beginning of the school year Hailey was on a boundary exception meaning I had to pick her up everyday at 3:35. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Taylin had to be picked up from preschool at 3:30. With Eric's work schedule and me not being able to pick up both the girls on time my Dad picked up Taylin from preschool. Taylin goes to preschool where the teacher teaches it in her house (we absolutely love it) and her house is just 2 streets away from my parents. So this wasn't really inconvenient for my Dad to pick her up. Then I would rush over and pick her up after I picked up Hailey. Taylin has a way with my Dad. He always had fudgesicles waiting for her when they got back to his house, and Taylin being Taylin she would usually talk Papa into giving her 2 before I got there. There were times when Papa took Taylin to the store to get a treat and Taylin made Papa push that awful cart. You know the really big one where they sit in a for 30 seconds and then get out? Papa got it for her every time. She also would sweet talk Papa into buying movies when they went to the store, she has that charm.

Well schedules changed, Hailey is in her school boundaries and rides the bus, and I was free to pick up Taylin while Eric would wait at home for Hailey to get off the bus. Taylin called my dad the other night cause she had something to talk about with him. He was asleep so she went ahead and talked to my mom who they call Mommock. This was their conversation:
T: Hi Mommock is Papa there?
M: He is asleep.
T: Well go wake him up old lady.
M: No, he is tired.
T: Mommock, I miss the "olden days"
M: You do? What do you mean?
T: I miss the olden days when Papa use to pick me up from school and let me have 1 or 2 or 3 fudgscicles.
M: I am sorry.
At this point Taylin hangs up on my mom. So the next day I told my dad about their conversations and can't believe her definition of the olden days. My dad called yesterday and said he would surprise Taylin and pick her up from school cause he was already off of work. He even had gotten her fudgesicles of course. I went to pick her up from his house and she was in his backyard helping him plant his garden. My dad told me that Taylin told him the difference between boys and girls. Keep in mind Taylin is very blunt and never keeps anything back. Hesitant, I said really do I dare ask. My dad said he sat there not knowing what she was about to blurt out and what he was going to have to say when she was done telling him her definition. So papa said, "really you do?" She said, "I sure do. Boys like bugs and rock n' roll and girls like flowers and pretty things." I was relieved when he told me but we both thought it was hilarious and couldn't help but laugh. So I just wanted to clear up the differences between boys and girls just in case anyone was confused.

Taylin helping Papa fix the dryer.


Taylin and Papa on her 3rd birthday.


This was Taylin and Papa's 2nd year in a row dressing up as Annie and Daddy Warbucks. The 1st year was the best cause her hair was shorter and more of a fro.

4 comments:

Jill said...

How wonderful for your kids to have such a great relationship with their grandparents. Unfortunately my parents don't take that strong of an interest in my kids. Sure they love them and all, but its just very weird and sad. So relish it! I wish my kids and parents were that close.

Sarah Young said...

I just crack up every time you write the stuff Taylin says. The fact that she called your mom 'old lady' and hung up on her! You have your hands full my friend! :)

Bonnie said...

That is so awesome! She's so cute I love the things she says. And she really loves Papa!

John and Carolyn Wallace said...

Yup, we love our grandchildren. Especially the names they call us Remember it is not the breathe we take in life, but the moments that take our breathe away.Just so Sara knows..When Taylin (or any of the 10) call me "old lady" they become "goof-ball". As to the hanging up on me-it is a game, yes which Taylin started with me. The part Sara may not know is, before she hangs up on me she says,"I love you Mommock!, (there will be a short pause) I have a surprise for you!!!!!(spoken very rapidly, the click (instant hang-up) I call her back and do the same to her. Sometimes it can go on and on, and on, 3-4 times in a row. Yup another breathe that takes our breathe away. Love ya, Mommock and Poppa xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo