Taylin's adventure began today at about 7am when we left for the hospital. It was a cold winter morning. Yes, you read that right. It's March 28th and it was snowing this morning, how retarded. We got to the hospital and Taylin was taken up to her very own room. When we got to her room she had a brand new princess barbie waiting for her on her bed. I love Legacy hospital, they have the best pediatrics. After the nurse took all of her necessary info she told Taylin they had a play room that she could go play in if she wanted to. Of course she had to go and play it was so nice. It really took the edge off and lowered her anxiety level. We went back to her room and then the nurse came in to inform me that she was going to give Taylin some oral medication to calm her nerves. Hahahaha. You just don't come in a room and tell Taylin she is going to have some medicine, sorry it's not going to happen. After about 5 minutes she still wouldn't take it so the nurse told Taylin she was going to get another nurse to come help her take it. While she was gone Taylin looked at me and said hurry mommy help me take this. So I gave it to her and she made the nurse very happy. Then the nurse came to transport her in her bed down to the surgical area while we waited for the Dr. and the anesthesiologist. Taylin's medication was kicking in as she was trying to play with her barbie but it kept falling to her bed. Then she would try and tell me something but I couldn't make out a single word and then she would just laugh. Her surgery lasted about 2 hours and they came out and let me go see her in recovery. As soon as she saw me she tried to rip all of the stuff out of her arm and then decided to try and get out of the bed. We then went back upstairs to her room where she slept alot more. She woke up and wanted a grilled cheese sandwich cause that's what Papa had in the hospital and that's what she wanted. She didn't eat it though. She had a Popsicle some jello and some apple juice. I am very proud of Taylin for not causing any bodily harm to the hospital staff. I am more proud of her for being so brave and such a trooper. Here are some pictures of the day. She arrived in the hospital in her normal jammies and then got to put on special hospital jammies.
I bet everyone wants to know why she had surgery. Taylin is stubborn, 3 dentists later she wouldn't let anyone look in her mouth. We couldn't even get her teeth cleaned. So the dentist knew she had some work to be done so he scheduled her to have all this done at the hospital for everyones safety involved. After taking xrays of her teeth here is what they did: she had 4 route canals with caps put on all 4 of those teeth, she had her teeth cleaned, she had flouride and sealants put on all her teeth. It gets better. You know that muscle thingy that attaches to right above your gums and connects to your lip? Well hers connected from her lip to in between her 2 front teeth. So they had to snip that and the Dr. said it was one of the toughest muscles he has ever seen. So that required 2 stitches. But she is home now and just lounging around. What a day.
8 comments:
Holy cow! I think I would have to be knocked out for all that to be going on in my mouth too!! Atleast its done and now its just a sore mouth! Lots of popsicles! yummy!
GOOD JOB TAYLIN! I'M PROUD OF YOU AND PROUD OF YOUR MOM FOR BEING A STRONG MAMA THROUGH ALL THIS I'M GLAD IT'S OVER WITH AND I'M GLAD IT IS NOT ME THAT HAS TO TAKE CARE OF HER LOL.....
I'm so glad it went very good! And extra bonus on getting the barbie!! Yay! Good job Taylin!
Hey Sandy, I'm glad your little woman came through it all okay!
Good Job Taylin! You must of been a good patient to get a new barbie. I love you! Mommock
hi, thanks for you comment on my blog. Seriously need "blogging 101!" Cuz, I don't know how to respond to yours from my spot. Help!-mom
I am glad everything went well for Taylin, I know exactly what you are going through! When Eve was about 4 years old we took her to the dentist and lets just say it was not good news, we had to space appointments apart in a 6 month period doing multiple things to her teeth, as bad as baby root canals and actually taking teeth out because of abcess. Even our dentist, who is our friend in our ward said it was too much and if it were his daughter he would get her knocked out. Well that was something we could not do because of our insurance and we prayed really hard that she would be ok and that she wouldn't grow to have a fear of the dentist. Our prayers were answered and she did better than our dentist said he could have ever imagined, she was a real trooper, she loves going to the dentist too!!! It is sad as a parent to watch your children go through so much, you wish you could take it away. Best Wishes!
Yay Taylin! What a trooper. And what an awesome hospital. A Barbie? I want to check-in.
Post a Comment