Monday, March 24, 2008

Taylin loves me again

Today Taylin didn't love me, but she does again. She had her pre-op appt today which was just her well child check. I knew in the back of my mind that she needed her immunizations for school in the fall, but I didn't say anything to her. I didn't say anything cause I wasn't sure if they would do it with her procedure coming up in case she had a reaction or something. So she had her full exam and she is progressing as normal. I told the Dr. how I think she has ADD. Taylin is a very active child and being from a family full of ADD people I know what it's all about. There are times where we get her a Mt. Dew just so she will fall asleep, this is what caffeine does to people who have ADD. I told the Dr. I wasn't willing to medicate her and asked what my other options were. She said she could see someone about her behavior, but I told the Dr. she wasn't that bad with her behavior. She said as long as we can tolerate her than she is fine. They don't typically diagnose kids with ADD until they are in the 1st or 2nd grade. So then it was time. The Dr. told Taylin she needed to get 5 shots. I was really sad and thought how many people were going to be needed for this process in holding her down. However, it was just the nurse giving the shots and myself. She did such a good job I was so proud of her. So 2 things good came of this visit. She got the go ahead for her surgery on Friday and she is now ready to start kindergarten in the fall. What an exciting day, but I must admit it was sad for my baby to get her kindergarten shots. Let's just say it was a day full of chocolate to make up for it all.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad it all went well and that she still loves you! I can't believe she'll start kindergarten in the fall! Let's hope she handles Friday just as well!