Monday, March 24, 2008

Digital TV converters

In case you have been hiding under a rock for sometime you know that the government has decided to switch TV's to digital. This change will come in February 2009. All TV's will have to be compatible for this change. You can always buy a brand new one like Eric really wants. I however, would rather spend money on something else other than a TV. I was watching the news this evening and they gave a website where you can go to get 2 coupons to be used for the converter boxes. The coupons have a $40 value, so your converter box would be about ten bucks give or take. Eric is bummed as I once again saved us money and he of course loses on a new TV. The coupons do however, have to be used within 90 days of receiving them. Like I said you can receive 2 coupons per address. The website is www.DTV2009.gov. Once you get on there go to Apply for coupon. I am really glad I watched a second of the news tonight and saved us on not having to buy a new tv.

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Okay, I thought that only counted for tv's that were from the 1970's! My tv is nothing fancy and about 6 years old, am I going to have to convert too! Help!

Tricia said...

I'm so glad I will not have to get a convertor. My tv and computer are both digital compatible.

eric and girls said...

Sarah I don't know for sure. My TV is about that old as well, but I didn't want to miss out on the coupon in case I needed it.

Bonnie said...

I have comcast and when the guy came I asked him about it and he said that if you have cable you're fine. My understanding is it only effects if you have rabbit ears.