Sunday, March 2, 2008

Seriously

Ok I know it's just not me, but I need a well deserved moment to vent. (breathe) Do you ever have those Sundays where you get yourself up extra early so you can make sure your family is dressed all nice and pretty and make sure they are happy before you leave for church? I swear I do every Sunday. We are going to a new ward now and the first week Taylin did just fine going to class. She loved it and couldn't wait to go back. Hailey is awesome and goes all the time. So last week Taylin had the need to sit in the row with her class only to sit there and cry, red splotchy face and all. ( I sat on the side waiting for her to stop) Then today as we were walking into church she started crying I don't want to go to class. Super I spent the first hour listening to her cry. Then it's time to go to class. She has a death grip on me and she didn't even make it to her row, but rather she sat with me on the side. Once again crying and doing her thing. So I thought wonderful, you have a substitute and I am not going to let you scare her away so after an hour of this I decided she would go with me to Relief Society. I was thinking you will be so bored out of your mind child you will be begging to go back to your own class. So I pick her up carry her out to the hall and then the Primary President came out. Oh I love that lady. She said she didn't mind taking Taylin kicking and screaming if I didn't mind giving her to her. I said no you can have her that's fine with me. Ok so now you are thinking by now that I am the worst parent alive. Don't be fooled. Taylin is the most social girl alive, she would leave the store with a complete stranger if I let her. So I didn't feel bad knowing that she was putting on a pretend sad sob story. She went to class and said she can't wait to go again and see her friends. That's what she says now, but next week she is going to put her acting skills to use again. At the end of the day I am glad that I woke up extra early to make sure my family was ready for church.

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

What is church going to be like when we are empty nesters and can just focus on being spiritually edified rather than every week being like trying to herd cats!?

Erica said...

Someday I am going to feel the spirit in church. For now, I just clean up goldfish and roam halls. Very rewarding.

Jill said...

Ya I tote around a 15month old! How fun is that? I can say that I have not gotten through opening song in Sacrament meeting in quite a long time! Zander likes to scream! UGH!! But I do getto go to RS all by myself!! What a treat!!

Jill said...

Oh ya what ward and stake are you in?? Is Eric going with you? Did he get baptized??