Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Scrapbooking......Should I or shouldn't I????

This post may be alot of rambling and it may not make sense. I have A.D.D and my thoughts are going much faster than I can type. This is why I love having conversations with Trish cause we both talk really really fast when we are together. I love watching my dad when Trish and I talk cause he gets really lost and confused. Anyways as you can tell I have A.D.D and in no way did that piece of information go along with my post.

I have a problem. My sister Trish thinks I should start scrapbooking. I like the idea of scrapbooking and I like to look at others fine artwork. But I don't think it's right for me here is why. I have OCD along with A.D.D, I self diagnosed myself with the OCD. I like everything to have a place and everything in it's place. I don't like the idea of printing all of my pictures cause it's just so much nicer having them all on my disks. They aren't messy, but I do want to print them.

Another problem. I am not crafty or artsy. Don't make me even attempt to do an art project a will pay triple to pay for it to be completely assembled in the store. All the things that go along with scrapbooking just giving me a stomach ache. All those little crafty stuff that I would have to use to try and make something somewhat presentable. Seriously and the mess it makes can you imagine. You get glue and stuff all over your hands then you have to cut and then you have scraps all over the place.

Then I might be able to come up with one page that may look cute then I have the need to duplicate the same design page after page. Not very exciting if you ask me.

I feel part of my Mormon stay at home duties is to do a scrapbook for each of my children (phew good thing I only have 2 not a whole herd of them). Are my girls going to be really mad at me that they don't have a cute scrapbook? Would they even appreciate that it took their OCD mother 1 year to come up with one page because of the great big mess it made?

So here is my goal. I am going to print off all the pictures that need to be printed. Sort them out into groups and then match them up to all the pretty crap at the scrapbook store. Easy enough right? No it's very hard for me. I happened to walk by a scrapbook store that was moving and everything was on sale. So I went in not even knowing what I was looking at. I was overwhelmed almost on the verge of a panic attack cause there was so much stuff. So I got some paper everyone needs paper right? I even got some other things and I spent a poor pathetic $4.05. Good job Sandy way to go. At least I won't feel bad if I don't use it.

Anyways so I will go print off my pictures on Friday and there is a reason they are still on disk too. Those big printers intimidate me, I am always afraid I am going to break them. Well, I am going to go this whole subject might cause me to break out in a rash if I don't stop.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Thats why you should digi scrap. MUCH cheaper- no glue-no mess. Everything stays in its nice little folder on your computer. Plus there are hoards and hoards of quick pages and templates out there if you arent creative enough to think pretty things up on your own.

Bonnie said...

I'm very proud of you! One way to try it is to just print off a few pictures for one page to try it out. Another thing I do is upload my pictures to Walmart.com where you can edit them there at home, order the ones you want, pick the store you want them to go to and boom, an hour later you go pick them up. Just baby steps Sandy :) And hey, I could always come there or you could come here and we could do a few pages to get going. I think you'll like it, I really do. You'll be really good at it too. In fact, surprisintly it can be pretty relaxing and your ocd will come in handy to making the perfect page!

Tricia said...

Listen to bonnie. I don't like the digi scrapbooking because you can't bput your true craftiness and your own ideas. Digi scrapbooking is the lazy way out. It's fun to have some 3-d ideas. Way to go. We should have a scrapbook weekend. You'll have to come to my house because I have way much more stuff for you and it would be just easier for you. I mean me.

eric and girls said...

I like the digi scrap because you don't have to come up with any ideas they are already made for you. Thanks Becky.

Sarah Young said...

Don't be peer pressured into scrapbooking! I am the same way with the OCD! After you destroy your kitchen table and spend 500 hours on a single page, styles evolve and you want to re-do it all anyway. I did Maryn's first year because at that time I only had one kid and could do that sort of thing. Before Brynna and Lauryn graduate from high school I will do their first years and nothing more! I do keep my pictures printed and organized in card file boxes by month and year though and make sure I have every picture dated and any significant meanings written on the back. That way when the girls want to stroll down memory lane all we have to do is pull out our little card file and it's all perfectly organized! Also, I justify that my blog is a sort of family scrapbook. It has pictures and stories, so I'm documenting my family without the mess and cramps in my hands! :)

thecamps said...

amen sister i think you perfectly describe my thoughts as well i'll just leave it up to you..so when trish invites me to the scrapbook expo i'll have her read your blog one more time to refresh her memory..

Tricia said...

as Nike says, "Just do it"

Jill said...

100% with you Sandy!! I tried the scrapbooking because my mom and all her friends were doing it. I am so not crafty with ideas! Its to difficult to try and come up with different ideas for different pages! Sure I like to look at others and say oh I wish I could do that, but um no thanks!! And like Sarah said blogging counts!!

Erica said...

do it on shutterfly.com. Easy, cheap, and you get to hold your work in a hardbound book. Love it!