Monday, March 17, 2008

Blog worth bragging about


This blog I am going to brag a little, no not about me don't worry. This is about my sweet daughter Hailey. She makes me so proud. She is awesome. I would have 10 of her if I had a guarantee they would turn out like her. I never have to ask her to do her homework, I never have to beg her to get out of bed, etc etc.


Hailey is in the 2nd grade and each year the 2nd graders have what's called a Young Authors celebration. This is where they work on a writing piece and then they have a day where they celebrate in class and they all share their stories. I volunteer every Monday at her school (just about every Monday), and Hailey brought home a paper asking for volunteers for this day. I along with Eric decided we would go and help for that day. I signed up to bring food and I signed Eric up to help decorate (this is his special talent). I filled out the paper gave it to Hailey to put back in her backpack, (this girl is extremely intelligent, but if I don't make her put things back in her backpack right away she loses them). I then decided to check my email, something I have done alot more these last few days since I can communicate with my brother that way. Remember I just filled out my volunteer paper and I opened an email from Hailey's teacher. I will sum it up, but this is what it said......

Each year, teachers invite two students to the Young Authors Conference. The students go along with their parents and their teacher to this special conference. They will get to read their completed work to small groups and then listen to author Eric Kimmel. Her teacher said she thinks Hailey deserves a place in this special, honorary Conference.


I couldn't be more happier and proud of the accomplishments Hailey has made thus far in her education. I am so happy that she inherited my "smart" genes. School has always come easy for Hailey and she loves to learn. I hope that she will continue to love school. Hailey we are so proud of you. Keep up all of the good work and we can't wait to hear your story.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

What's her story about. Congratulations Hailey. When is the big event?

Justin Young said...

Wow! Congratulations Hailey! What an honor! That is definitely brag worthy!

thecamps said...

GOOD JOB HAILEY...DON'T LET YOUR MOM TELL YOU IT'S HER "SMART GENES" TELL HER YOU HAVE YOUR "OWN SMART GENES" LOVE YOU HAILEY I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP YOUR MOMMY SMILING FOR ME K :)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Hailey! That's so awesome! I'm really proud of you. I want to hear your story too!