Saturday, March 15, 2008

2X Concentrated

I love to clean, I mean really love to clean and I do not love change. Change is good but not when it's my regularly used cleaning supplies. I went to Target last week to get some Tide. I normally buy the great big one at Costco, but didn't want to drive all that way to get some so I got a little one to hold me over. I use the same Tide and Downy fabric softener all the time, I never change. Since I never change I don't have to be one of those annoying people in the laundry soap aisle who park their shopping cart in the middle of it and stare at all the bottle of detergent. Seriously what takes people so long to pick it out and why do they have to park their cart in the middle of the aisle. When I got home from Target I was a bit moody, upset, pissy, whatever you get the idea. Eric asked what was wrong cause I obviously wasn't my normal self when I got home. I said that Tide had really really upset me. He laughed cause he is a guy and really he has no idea, but went ahead and asked why. I said they decided to change the detergent into everything 2X concentrated and not only that but they added Dawn crap to it. I could feel myself getting flustered as I had become that person looking at all the bottles of detergent looking for one that was "original scent". That was like finding a needle in a haystack. I found it after searching for quite some time.

Today I went to Costco to get my really big one that lasts about a month and guess what I found? The 2X concentrated one. I get the idea about the whole "use less" thing I get that, but I don't like paying 19.99 for what looks like a gallon of milk. I like it to be really big so it looks like I am saving alot of money, but no it was literally cut in half. I guess I should be happy that they still have my scent available and it still washes the same and all that good stuff, but it has me wondering. Are they going to change my Downy fabric softener too and make it 2X concentrated? Can you imagine? They would have to change the size of the Downy ball to the size of the golf ball then that would be a bigger problem. Imagine all the old ladies with arthritis doing their laundry, they wouldn't be able to open or shut the Downy ball.

This is my new big size thing of Tide. I just feel ripped off.

Oh and to Shannon I know you know exactly what I am talking about. Remember when you were 9 months pregnant and you had just washed your jacket and it smelled so good? Remember how you had your head buried into it? Oh that was funny.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

so not all of us can use tide and fabric softener. It makes me itch like crazy. I get to use wisk and bounty with no perfume's or any smelly stuff. It's not that I can smell them or anything. Scent or no Scent they all smell the same.

eric and girls said...

I am sorry for all of your abnormal skin problems. And there is no way you use Wisk and Bounty. For the 2nd time you use BOUNCE, Bounty are paper towels

Sarah Young said...

Okay Sandy, you CRACK me up!! I love the concentrated stuff because it takes up less room in my shopping cart (Costco trips, it's always packed to the gills!) and when I have to lug it upstairs to the laundry room, it's not as heavy. I'm with you though on preserving the same blissful scent. When you find something good, you've gotta stick with it! :)

thecamps said...

sandy sandy sandy....gosh no one understands but don't worry i do lucky i found the BIG TIDE at sams club so the next time i do laundry i will think of you and yes i remember my coat when i washed it mmmmmmm it was so orgasmic as you would say lol

Erica said...

You and your detergent OCD crack me up. Hope it doesn't ruin your laundry experience too much.

Nik said...

My problem is the same, but with Sunlight. 2x concentrated, as well. About a month ago my boyfriend and I started to notice we were itching like mad, but he was only itching when he was here.
We narrowed it down to the detergent because of this, since he sleeps in the sheets and pajamas I wash in the stuff when he's here, but never gets the same reaction back at his place.

It's driving me nuts too, don't worry.