This past week the girls and I went up to Everett. For those of you who don't know where that is it is about 20 miles north of Seattle. We went up for a rather sad reason. My little brother Jeff is in the navy and he left on a 7 month deployment. We had a fun time though considering the reason. Jeff took us all on a tour of his ship. The thing is huge and the fact that it actually floats is amazing. Jeff has a pretty cool job working on the flight deck assisting the jets in take off and landing. He also showed us his living space. Lets just say for those of you who do not like small compact places this is not for you. There are 3 bunkbeds and he is on the bottom. I don't know how to explain them other than they are really really small and tight. I am not sure if he even has room in there to turn over. If the ocean gets pretty rough the guys actually fall out of their bunks. The final goodbye and waiting for the ship to leave were pretty hard. Hailey and him have a pretty close relationship and it was pretty hard on her. The boat pulled out at a really slow speed and I explained to her that's why he is going to be gone so long cause the ship doesn't go fast. She believed me. I know it's going to be a long 7 months and I hope he remains safe. We can't wait to see him again!!!!!!!!
* I will add pictures later as I have huge piles of laundry staring at me
DIY Custom Dashboard
5 years ago
7 comments:
Hopefully the next 7 months go by quickly! Where is his ship headed to?
I think the best way to describe the beds is what they call the locker under his bed that his bed lifts up to get to...coffin locker! Thanks again for coming, you guys are the best.
Sarah, his ship is headed to San Diego to pick up some more sailors and then they are headed to the Persian Gulf.
Laundry can wait. You have a washer and dryer in your house. It's not like you have to go the laundermat, or find some place to do your laundry. This is your brother post his picture lady. Tide and bounty and whatever you use can wait. We want pictures.
Ok first of all it's DOWNY not bounty, those are paper towels. You know what make my washer and dryer thing worse. The appliance guy was here the other day and shattered my dreams of ever having a new front loader washer and dryer. He said the washers have alot of problems and the dryers are nothing more than a normal Kenmore dryer. If you want to see pictures of the trip they are on myspace blogger takes too long to upload. Love ya Trish
I use bounce. same thing a dryer sheet
Jeff is such a stud! What a good sis you were to go see him off. Now I want to see pictures. Oh, you said I could see on your myspace. Nevermind.
Post a Comment