Friday, March 21, 2008

Sad Accident, but no injuries

Today I had a sad accident that literally almost brought me to tears. Those who know me well know it's almost impossible to do such a thing. As my sister Trish would say I am dead inside. I cry at the appropriate things though I must say, births, deaths, seeing my brother leave on a ship, you know stuff like that. But today it almost happened, we came very close boys and girls very close.

Let me set the scene up for you. Taylin slept in, the best thing ever. I cleaned the downstairs, imagine that, how odd. I pull out my nice beautiful new vacuum cleaner and I start to vacuum. I splurged on this vacuum and I am so happy I did. It has the most amazing sucking powers (the vacuum people get your heads out of the gutter). So I vacuum. Did I mention the Vacuum was named after me? It's called the boss. Hehe

Then I get close to the computer desk. Our last house was really really old and they didn't believe in having a phone jack where I needed one obviously right next to my computer. I don't know why they didn't have me in mind when they built the ugly thing. I just insulted myself cause I said the house was really really old, it was built the same year I was born:( Ok so we had a really really long cord to satisfy my internet addiction at the old house. I am a believer in not replacing things if they aren't broken so I have my really long cord for an area that it really doesn't need to be that long. But it's ok it looks like a snake coiled up in the corner.

I started to vacuum and what do you know the vacuum sucked that cord right up and it went around for what seemed like miles. I thought oh crap I ruined the cord which means I can't get on my computer. That's ok I could finally get a new short cord and I could live with it. But then there was that smell. My nice new vacuum was smokin'. Seriously I could feel the tears coming, but I held back I was not going to cry over my vacuum. I pulled the miles of cord out of the vacuum and to my amazement they were perfect. I didn't ruin them. Then I looked at "the boss" and no way was it going to end its short lived life. I stood that thing up turned it on and it worked as if it had never even smoked. I continued to vacuum and it continued to suck. What a good day it turned out to be. The internet and the vacuum cleaner still work, 2 things I can not live without.

1 comment:

thecamps said...

OKAY SO CONSIDERING I HAVE THE SAME VACUUM CUZ YEAH YOU COPIED ME BUT BESIDES THAT POINT I CAN'T IMAGINE IF MINE BROKE EITHER BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH WHAT YOU SUCK NEXT TIME...LOL GLAD YOU DIDN'T NEED A TISSUE