Monday, March 31, 2008

Any advice?

I need help with 2 things. I need advice please help. Taylin has a cold after all that she has gone through poor thing. She is suppose to be taking childrens advil for her pain, which I am not sure if she has any. But I have been making her take it cause of the cold. I need advice on how to get a stubborn child to take her medicine. She will sit at the counter for a half an hour sometimes telling me reasons why she can't take it. I would usually lay her on the ground and have to use a syringe and put it in her mouth. I know I am mean, but I can't do it since I usually have to pry her mouth open and she has stitches. Please help.
The 2nd thing I need help on is those EKG sticker things they put on your chest area while you are in surgery. Taylin has 6 of them on her poor little body and they are glued on there pretty good. She has soaked and soaked in the tub and it doesn't seem to help loosen them any. Does anybody know of a way to get these off?
Please help me out and I welcome any suggestions. Just know that bribing does not work for this child.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I would try baby oil to get the tags off. (it also works great on slug slime and tree sap)
as for making her take her meds. i just wouldnt.
however, to make my kids take them when they dont want to I pinch their face into the fish face expression. It makes it really hard to spit it out.
Good luck!

Jill said...

I agree with Becky..I wouldn't make her. Its not worth the fight! For some reason they become extremely strong when trying to resist something...like meds being forced into their mouths! And it will end up on you!! not a good idea! As for the sticky stuff, not a clue! Oh whait what about goo be gone? Can you use that stuff on humans?!

John and Carolyn Wallace said...

I will ask at work and call you tomorrow. Poor little "goof ball". Love ya, Mom