Friday, June 5, 2009

Stop Growing Up Girls

This morning I realized that my girls are growing up really fast. Another school year is coming to an end and I don't like it. I remember being Hailey's age and thinking the school years go really slow but in reality it goes by super fast and before I know it she will be graduating high school. She got an outfit for Christmas that was just way too big, but she wanted to keep it and grow into it. She put in on today and to her excitement it fit. Her comment to me was, "Hey, Mommy do you think I look like a business woman?" She is all about looking her best and yes, she did look like a business woman, but more importantly she called me mommy, tear. She insisted on me taking her picture:


Today Taylin has a music program at school and she got herself ready she too wanted to dress her best. I talked her out of wearing her Easter dress to school and she settled for another outfit. She kind of brushed her hair so I said let's go brush your hair and put it up so I can see your pretty face while you sing. She let me brush it, but not put it up. She said, " Mommy, you will be able to see my face cause I am on the top shelf!" The top shelf she said referring to the top riser. I tried to get a picture of her and this is what she did


Then they do things that make me just want them to grow up really fast and stop fighting. After I took Taylin's picture Hailey said, "well Taylin, I can tell you aren't going to be famous like me when you grow up cause you don't like to get your picture taken." Hailey usually just keeps quiet, but then she followed up with, "hey Taylin, if I have a kid like you I will put it in an orphanage." They really do love each other and care about each other. Yesterday, we had quite the thunderstorm which they say was equal to a midwest storm. The girls were scared and they went and hid in the bathroom until it passed. They also took some barbies in there and some pudding. Cause we all know chocolate makes anything better. They also took some cheese and when the cheese was gone Taylin was sent to get more. Hailey however, came out with her and said, "I decided to come with Taylin cause she is little and I don't want her to get hit by lightening." See they do love each other and I am so proud to be their mommy!

2 comments:

thecamps said...

lol they kill me! I love to hear there stories it just makes me laugh and to think my girls will be like that in just a few years!

Bonnie said...

They're the best! I love the things they say. I agree though, they are growing up way too fast!