Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to normal life

Finally after 2 and half weeks off of school the girls went back today. Last night it was kind of questionable as we went to bed with about 2 inches of snow. Thankfully it all melted and they were able to go back. We have had a lot of snow this winter which is very odd. In fact this is the most snow for the area in 30 years. The girls only went to school for 2 days the week prior to getting out of school. With the snow school kept getting canceled. Then the 1st week of break we were literally house bound, but we all managed to survive. Eric, is also glad the snow is gone cause his route is in an area that gets hit hard with snow when it snows. His business is still going, but like the rest of the economy has slowed down a little bit. It's just good that no matter what everyone needs bread.

I am now 28 weeks pregnant, however, I like to tell people I am 7 months it just sounds like I am further when you use months instead of weeks. I am huge and feel like a fat mess. I am also moving a lot slower these days and my body always lets me know when it has had enough and that tends to upset me. I have also had a major sense of nesting or should I say dejunking my house, the closets especially. I am for the most part a clean freak and though the closets aren't horrible they all need some attention. I don't know if it's the actual nesting or A.D.D but things lately have to be done when I say and that usually doesn't fly with everyone involved. Here is a perfect example from today. I like my kitchen counters as plain and simple as possible all the extra junk laying around seriously will put me in a panic attack at times. So Eric had a pile of papers from work and a tie on the counter and day after day he said he would put it away. Well, today I decided I would clean the pile of crap off the counter. That started a big "honeydo" list and sent Eric outside in the cold determined to take down the Christmas lights. I am not sure why. I mean I only asked him help me clean out 2 huge closets downstairs, help me move stuff from one closet to the other, throw stuff away, and make a separate pile for the Goodwill. I guess he figured taking lights off the house was more inviting than his pregnant wife yelling at him for getting in my way and not doing things my way. I let him be outside for 5 minutes then went outside and told him to get back inside cause the closets had to be done NOW!!! After the first 5 minutes of me telling Eric to shut his mouth and just do what I said and lift the heavy stuff we now have 2 beautiful clean closets. I can't wait to get my hands on the closets upstairs. Eric, said he is glad to be at work tomorrow when I do them.

Well, that is all for now. My back is hurting and I can't sit here anymore.

2 comments:

thecamps said...

lol....ha ha you kill me. But it is so true when you wnat stuff clean "NOW" but just think of the mess your house will be when you are stuck doing nothing after that c-section...oh wait i wll be there and i will make it pretty for you so you can keep your sanity...

Sarah Young said...

Isn't the nesting thing crazy. It is like a serious compulsion that I don't think people who haven't been pregnant will ever understand! Try not to wear yourself out and take care of that baby! :)