I promised my cousin Jen that I would update my blog, but as I sit and think about what to write nothing new and exciting has happened. We are enjoying a nice warm and relaxing summer. It has been sunny since school got out and I am so excited. The girls play outside literally all day and they both have quite the tan going on. I have gotten some sun too, except in my case getting sun means bringing out the freckles but that's ok. My freckles have never ever bothered me and I actually like them. Taylin, however has different feelings about them and she does have some on her face. She let me know that the freckles look ok on me and that she hopes she doesn't get anymore. Hailey is the lucky one cause she skips the sunburns, freckles, and just tans. Last Saturday I took the girls strawberry picking and they weren't excited one bit. The fact that they may get a little dirty was not on top of their list. They let me know that was the worse day of their lives. I made some jam all day Saturday. Monday I woke up and thought since I was such a bad mother that I would take them to pick more strawberries. We got really nice red ones this time and yes we made more jam. Taylin picked about 10 berries dumped them in my bucket turned her bucket upside down and sat on it the rest of the time we were there. Hailey was quite the help and I reassured them that we were done until next year. So I spent Monday making more jam. There is something really yummy about homemade jam. My kids are doing really well at sleeping in until at least 8:30 every morning. So that's exciting. See Jen nothing exciting going on. But that's what summer is about right? Next month things should start to pick up as we have quite a bit of things planned.
DIY Custom Dashboard
5 years ago
3 comments:
thanks, at least you gave me something to read!
8:30?? That would be dreamy.
Mmmm, I love homemade strawberry freezer jam. Justin grew up on it and now I have to agree, anything else is just not worth eating!
Post a Comment