Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tic-Tac-No

I must brag that my children have never had the urge to color on anything like the walls, floors, etc. Hailey did color on our tile floor when she was about 1 and a half. She tried to blame it on the cats that they did it, but I knew better and I had her clean her mess. She must not have liked it cause she never colored on anything again. She keeps it on paper and is quite the artist. Even Taylin being Taylin hasn't had the need to color on anything until now. She has become somewhat obsessed with drawing on her lower extremities. She colored on her feet the day before her surgery, not sure why but she did. Yesterday we went grocery shopping and she managed to draw all over her leg and said that her new masterpiece was actually a snowman and lots and lots of snow. So I scrubbed that off got her all cleaned up and it litterally lasted a few hours that she was a blank canvas. My mom and dad were over tonight and Taylin was upstairs playing. My parents were getting ready to leave and Taylin came downstairs with a pen in her hand and asked where they were going. They told her they were going home and Taylin started to lift up her dress and said, "but Mommock I wanted to play tic-tac-toe with you." She had drawn the tic-tac-toe diagram on her leg and wanted to play tic-tac-toe with my mom. We couldn't do anything but laugh. She must be paying attention to the economic status, but child it's ok we can afford paper now use it.

8 comments:

thecamps said...

OMG SHE CRACKS ME UP SHE IS SO FUNNY. SO DID YOU END UP PLAYING?

Tricia said...

Too Funny, Maybe you should show her where the paper is. I can send you some scrap paper I have tons of it. It's from my class print out readings. I can mail it if you'd like.

Sarah Young said...

I LOVE the look of your blog! Unfortunately, Maryn thinks walls, tables, chairs, just about anything she can get an ink pen on is her canvas. I went into her closet yesterday to put some toys away and she had written "MARYN" on the wall in crayon. I asked her why she did that, to which she replied it was just an accident, she didn't really mean to. I told her people might 'accidently' put a little mark on the wall, not write their name in crayon. Nice try though.

Jill said...

So funny! Miss Taylin has quite the imagination! I love it!
You gonna send me your address?! I have an invite for you!

Bonnie said...

She cracks me up. Did she at least get to play the game? She's going green! I love that little girl, and I love your new layout, it's really cute.

Farrell's said...

Hello Sandy and Family. This is Don Farrell that used to be in the Prunedale ward but now resides in Tigard Or. It is to bad that you did not say hello becouse that was me in the at Target today. It would have been nice to catch up with you and hear how your parents and siblings are doing. My job sends me all around the metro area and I guess you never know who you are going to come across. I hope all is well with you and the family.

Jill said...

Of course you can bring your girls! They can come and play with Sydney, she would love it!

j and s said...

Very cute blog! I love all your pictures. How funny is that? I never would have guessed little Taylin drew on herself--better that than the walls, which Taylor would do. Now she just writes on any piece of paper she can find, regardless of it's importance.