I have been in such a funk lately and I just don't know why. Being a stay at home mom can be very challenging. About 4 years I passed up on a good job to become a stay at home mom. I thought it would really benefit my childrens lives, but I just feel like everyday is a struggle. The constant bickering, the constant battles of who hit who first, the constant battles of always feeling alone. I know I am not alone, there are people all around me, but I don't feel like I connect with anyone. I think this is because I moved so many times when I was growing up. I made friends with people and before I knew it it was time to move again and I lost that connection. Then it just became useless to me and I just don't try because it sucks getting close to people and then having it ripped away from you. I am jealous of the bonds that people have with their inner circle. I have always been the one looking in on those circles from the outside. I just want to be a better mom, a better wife, and just be happy. I don't think it's too much to ask for!
DIY Custom Dashboard
5 years ago
1 comment:
Girl, you're not alone. I have the same feelings a lot of the time. And as far as working goes. I've been a working Mom before and while it's a lot to juggle, mentally it's easier because you are in charge of yourself for a large portion of the day. Being a stay-at-home mom is one of the hardest jobs in the world. Not only are you in charge of you, but the lives you've created and are responsible for. There are no big awards, bonuses, or recognition. It's really hard...but ultimately it will be really worth it. Hang in there and like you said, know you are not alone!
Post a Comment