We are still in the process of moving and are really close to being done,but it's all those little things that nobody wants to do. It seems we picked our busiest week of May to move.
Last year Eric and I volunteered at the girls school every week and well this year we went twice. Sad, I know. At the end of the year the school does a volunteer tea and invites the volunteers who spend time at the school. I am not sure why we were invited, but we were and we were happy to go as Hailey's class was singing a few songs. We took Taylin and Nathan with us. Hailey's class was singing The Climb, it's in the Hannah Montana movie in case you are not familiar with it. So anyways, Hailey's teacher was introducing the song and said I know some of you guys have kids who like Hannah Montana... Taylin as loud as she could yelled out, "Hailey does!" Hailey was so embarrassed! Her face was red and she wanted to hide with nowhere to go and the look on her face was priceless. Leave it to Taylin to embarrass her sister in front of a library full of volunteers!
After the tea we rushed over to Hailey's track meet. This was Hailey's first year competing as you have to be in at least the 3rd grade to participate. She competed in the 100 meter and placed 3rd, she also competed in the standing long jump and the softball throw. She will find out in the next few days the results of those 2 events. Good job Hailey you did awesome.
The best part of my day is listening to the girls pray before they head out the door for school. They say the cutest things and sometimes I have to hold back my laughter. This morning was Eric's turn and he said something about knowledge and as soon as he was done Taylin said, "daddy just so you know, I don't go to school to get knowledge, I get that from the boys!"
Then Nathan and I headed out the door to his dr's appt. He was tongue tied and today was the day he got his tongue cut. It was a quick procedure literally taking all of 2 minutes with minimal blood. He was crying and the dr said he would come back in a few minutes to check on him then we could leave. So an hour had passed, I was thinking the dr got super busy with a patient, but I needed to leave as I had hurry across town to get the girls to the eye dr. I went to ask the receptionist if the dr was coming in soon cause I needed to leave. She paged the dr cause she couldn't find him and he was actually across the street at the hospital in emergency surgery, not what I wanted to hear. Seriously, why didn't anyone tell me. So I left hurrying across town to get the girls to their appt. on time, which I did and we were even early.
Last year at the girls eye exam Hailey had her eyes dilated and Taylin remembered that and she didn't want to go in case they had to do hers. We pull up and I told the girls to get out and Taylin just sat there. She said, "mommy, tell them I have the swine flu and I can't get out of the car!" She didn't say she was sick, she said she had the swine flu. This was my first important trip out with all 3 kids by myself and they all did such a good job. I was nervous with Nathan cause he had literally just had his tongue cut, but he did really well. He crapped his pants during their exams adding some entertainment. Hailey didn't have to have her eyes dilated this time, but Taylin did and she did such a good job. Hailey has had reading glasses for the last year and had to get a stronger prescription and Taylin got her very first pair of reading glasses as well. It looks like they inherited my bad eye sight. Here is a picture of the girls in there cute glasses. Taylin had to wear them for getting her eyes dilated and what one has the other has to have as well:
Did I mention the week still isn't over?
DIY Custom Dashboard
5 years ago
3 comments:
Taylin is such a character...leave it to her to say she has the swine flu...HILARIOUS!!
Swine flu!?!? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! Kids crack me up.
Holy cow Taylin's one-liners are priceless!
Post a Comment